Skip to content
- Deploy WordPress CMS – either self-hosted on your server or on wordpress.com. WordPress is the top platform worldwide and is easy to learn the basics. Check out the free videos on WP101 https://www.wp101.com/course/intro-wordpress/
- Standard Themes are plentiful and available on https://wordpress.org/themes/ and http://themeforest.com (there are many free or paid Theme options). Within the Standard Theme template on the WP Admin page, you will have options to tailor the Standard Theme with your content. However, be sure you select a Standard Theme that is supported by the theme developer. WordPress is a solid platform because it gets updated constantly. Not all theme developers however test to insure their themes work on the latest version of WordPress. When selecting a Theme, Pre-check the Support Forum for each to see if its active or not. If not active, then go on to the next theme.
- Avoid Custom Themes at all costs – it’s often a money trap! Unless you want to get into the Theme Development business, there is no need to recreate the wheel here. There are many cool and effective Standard Themes that are mobile-optimized available to meet your needs AND you can get access to support from the theme developer down the road.
- Explore the power of WP Plugins – typically only available on self-hosted installations of WordPress, check out https://wordpress.org/plugins/ for ways to supercharge your WP site.
- Use PayPal Buy Now Buttons instead of Shopping Carts. Unless you have a bunch of SKUs, pick your top 3-4 items to sell online and create a dedicated Buy Now Button for each item to reduce order friction & increase response